Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Art and opera

Today I spent the day by myself crawling through the Leopold Art Museum.  It’s pretty much 20th century.  I went to see Klimt, but now have two more favorites, Egon Schiele and Anton Romoke. Last time I saw Schiele I was grossed out, but this time looked more at his landscapes. I think I may fine a quilt beginning in one of these




This is Klimts Death and Life.  The life side of it is frequently seen. It’s really pleasant without the  death side


Below is one picture by my new guy Anton Romako. Love the way he puts details on top of the painting






I met Jordan at a cafe across the street from the opera house.  You can see the opera house out the window.



The opera  house is a pretty fancy place.  Our seats were in the sixth balcony so we had a birds eye view of everything. By the time the opera started every seat was filled

In front of each seat is an iPad type like screen where you can select what language you want your subtitles in.  Without this we would have been a bit lost trying to follow the story.  The opera was Don Giovanni. It was a crazy love story.  A benefit of being in the sixth balcony is that we went out onto the terrace on the building and got a great view of the city at night.





After the opera was over we went our separate ways.  My apartment is on the other side of the city from where Jordan lives. I rode two subways and one tram.  When I got off the tram I was half a block from my building. The greatest transit system.









No comments:

Post a Comment