Friday, May 18, 2018

Meeting the landlord and way contemporary art

My landlord invited me to meet her for coffee.  Travel without technology would be so different.  She gave me the address of her favorite coffee shop.  It took me one tram and two subways to get there. I kick myself that I didn’t get a picture of the landlord.  She is delightful.  She had just dropped her children off at school and was going to work, as an accountant, an hour late so we could have coffee together.

I walked from there to Stephensplatz as I hadn’t yet been there in this trip.  I went into St Stephens cathedral again becaus I hadn’t done it in this trip. It is a magnificent place.  The most interesting thing that happened there was watching workmen installing microphones hanging from the ceiling which is way high.  They moved their equipment carefully so as to not damage anything in the cathedral








Outside the cathedral there was a bit of a festival going on.

This is my delicious lunch.


And my lovely lunch mates.  Our friendship only lasted one sausage long


This is the honey lady.  She was really proud of her bees and what they could accomplish


And this is her honey schnapps. 


Of course there had to be a cheese man.  His truffle cheese was the best.  The blue wheel is lavender cheese.  Good, but not as good as the truffle


I wanted to buy a cheese board here.  The wood was olive from Italy.  Gorgeous patterning 


I spent the rest of the afternoon at the extremely contemporary Mumok art museum. Some of the work made me laugh.  Some I really liked and some I just didn’t get.

So this piece is called Portrait of my father sleeping.




This piece you have to look at close up




You don’t have to like it all.

Jordan came to my place for dinner.  We made dinner with limited resources.  












No comments:

Post a Comment