Saturday, May 12, 2018

Vienna by way of Istanbul


Arrived in Vienna by way of Istanbul. It was my third layover and Istanbul, and I have yet to see the city.  If I ever land there again, I will plan a couple days there.  Frustrating to be so close and never touch it.  I had a coffee americano in Istanbul. It was really good, but some how didn’t seem appropriate. On to Vienna. After 17 hours of travel, I think, I arrived in Vienna. Jordan and Richard were there to meet me and they had already been to my Airbnb apartment to pick up the key. A thirty minute train ride got us to within  two blocks of the apartment.  My abode is not fancy but has everything I could need. 

Yesterday was my first full day here.  Was to meet jordan and Richard at 10:30 across town.  I rode the subway with only one transfer.  We had a walk around and then enjoyed a fabulous sushi lunch.  All ordering  done on iPad. The restaurant allows you to stay two hours.  We used the whole two hours. Jordan kept ordering. 





We the. Sat in a park and bought some tickets.  We three will be going to a symphony concert in the Hofburg palace on the night of Jordan’s graduation which is also in this palace.  Jordan and I will be going to Don Giovanni at the Vienna opera house Monday 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Nice to see Jordan and Richard!
    Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete