Friday, March 11, 2016

Finding family roots, Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Herbs family immigrated to Wisconsin in 1903 from what was then Austria-Hungary. They had lived in a small town called stubenbach.  Richard, jordan and I took a train from Vienna to Innsbruck. We stayed overnight in Innsbruck and then rented a car to get to stubenbach

Below is the view from my hotel room in Innsbruck. It seems no matter where you are in Innsbruck, you can always look up to see the Alps



We arrived here early afternoon.  I walked around the historic part of Innsbruck by myself. Soon I saw a small Swarovski store.  This is one bit of jewelry they had for sale.  The prices are in euros.  If you can see the numbers, just add a bit because the euro is worth more than a dollar.


Here I'm in a square.  Mountains still with me.


All that walking requires fuel.  My lunch was Gorgonzola cream soup.  Quite tasty


Dessert was apple strudel with vanilla sauce.  Not as good as what we had at the strudel shop in Vienna. Can't believe I'm getting picky about my strudel.


Back on the walk I found a large Swarovski store.  This is the stairway to the second floor of the store. Yes, the stairs glitter.  They are full of crystals


Swarovski and clothing




Elsa from Frozen

I abandoned the walk through town and walked the edge of the area so that I could always see the mountains.  Beautiful weather, beautiful scenes. Life is good.









No comments:

Post a Comment