Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The journey to Vienna

The journey started at CWA in the afternoon after a morning bridge marathon game. Deicing was needed because it had just started to snow.  After arriving at OHare, I got a bit of exercise which felt good going from terminal F to C.  While waiting for the plane I chatted with a man from Munich who worked for a pump company headquartered in Milwaukee.  His job for them is taxes. That's it.  Somebody has to do it

I got lucky and was seated in business class.  Before take off I had one glass of Chardonnay   Then we got the menu and picked our dinner entree.  The meal began with hot towel and white tablecloth over the tray table which folded out. Me t a cup of warm nuts and a glass of Chardonnay. This was followed by a salad and a glass of Chardonnay. Next smoked salmon and horseradish sauce.  Main course for me was spinach cannalonni and Chardonnay. The cheese plate followed this time with port wine.  The final offering was a chocolate sundae.  I chose coffee over wine.

Shortly after the sun came up the woman across the aisle was moved into the seat next to me.  It seems the man she was sitting by was a major farter and she was feeling nauseated.  He slept through it all.  I tried to sleep, but that didn't work.  I watched only one movie.

At the Munich airport after immigration, baggage claim and customs I found the train that goes downtown to the main train station. No confusion till I got downtown and had to find the train to Vienna. I could never retrace those steps.  Up, down, right, left. Finally found it.  Currently on that train just an hour from Vienna. The scenery has been beautiful. We are traveling in a valley with mountains outside all the way.  The houses all look chalet like and at several stops the train has made, people get off with skis in tow.



Just got my first double espresso from the traveling vendor on the train.  I am good to go till vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment